Sunday, February 12, 2012
The perfect Time to Eat a Raw Food Diet
If you really want to go raw, now is regional plumber to do it.
Why? Because summer's here!
Festival of Fruit
There's no uncertainty about it: summer period time is the total best period to be a raw foodist. There are just so many delightful fruit available! Here are a few of the fruit that are fresh right now in my throat of the woods:
musk melon
watermelon
honeydew melon
mangoes
peaches
blueberries
cherries
raspberries
blackberries
tomatoes
cucumber
zucchini squash
yellow squash
Make sure to resource out all of your regional farm owners marketplaces and pick-your-own plants so you can get the best quality generate (not post deals).
Speaking of promotions...
Cheap
I always spend less cash on generate during summer time period time. That's because I shop in period and buy many my generate at farm owners marketplaces and regional plants. And because I check out the marketplaces and plants so consistently, I often get considerable special discounts, too. :)
In fact, the only fruit I buy in an real store are apples and mangoes!
Even if I did not check out farm owners marketplaces and plants and only searched at close by shops, I would still be investing less cash on meals. I can discover delightful periodic fruit like muskmelon for $1.50 per lb, plums for $1.40 per lb, and ataulfo mangoes for $.91 each at my regional markets.
During the chillier several weeks, the only affordable fruit around are apples and grapefruits. Everything else - fruit, persimmon, kiwi - are usually over $2 per lb.
Warm Weather
The freezing of the fall/winter several weeks can create going raw during then very difficult.
I should know. I first went raw in Nov 2007!
If you matured up consuming baked meals like 99.9999% of us, freezing = hot relaxation foods. The vital element you want on a freezing winter's day is a big dish of warm soups and some heated breads. The last element you want is freezing (or at best room temperature) fruit.
During summer time period, consuming raw is easy. Having a big dish of mangoes or a whole musk melons or some combined apples is just so relaxing.
The last element you want is sweat-inducing baked meals. And actually a bit of your energy and effort in the kitchen to make it? Not thanks!
That's why summer time rawks for going raw!
Stress
This may be idiosyncratic, but I discover summer time to be much less traumatic than the rest of the period. It may just be all summer time period and sunlight, but I generally am more good-natured and less distressed during summer time period.
Must be something special in all those plums I'm consuming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment